English Teaching Assistantships FAQ
Grants For Students
Public Policy Initiative
Pursuant to the Commission’s interest in public policy, this grant provides U.S. students studying a master’s or pursuing their PhD the opportunity to pursue a 9 months research project in the areas of public administration or public policy. Candidates with terminal master’s degrees are also welcome to apply. Candidates with only a bachelor’s degree will not be considered for this award, and are encouraged to apply to one of our other U.S. Student programs: Binational Business, English Teaching Assistant or Graduate Degree Program.
• Fluent Spanish.
• Minimum degree: MS/MA or currently enrolled in a master’s program (Candidates who are not in a Master's program or higher will not be considered).
• Letter of affiliation from a Mexican academic institution.
• Candidates studying, living or working in Mexico during the application process are not eligible to apply.
• Candidates who currently have a temporary or permanent resident card to Mexico are not eligible to apply.
• Double citizenship candidates can compete for a grant.
• Monthly maintenance.
• One round-trip international air ticket for the grantee.
• Book allowance.
• Fulbright medical benefit plan.
• Commission’s assistance with the visa paperwork.
• Additional dependent allowances.
Call for Applications
• Opens: March 1, 2020
• Closes: October 13, 2020 5:00 pm EST
• Universities often have an independent nomination process with internal deadlines. See your campus Fulbright Program Advisor.
• Candidates applying "at-large" must submit their application online through https://us.fulbrightonline.org. When applying, please select Study/Research as award type and select Public Policy for special award type.
• For further information please email: FBStudent.WHA@iie.org
• Shortlisted candidates will be invited to be interviewed in February 2021.
• Nine or six month grants awarded
• Nine month grants from Sept. 1 through May 31
• Six month grants from Jan. 1 through June 30
The US-Mexico Commission for Educational & Cultural Exchange is the leading binational agency dedicated to promoting understanding between the two countries through educational exchange of citizens who have demonstrated excellence and leadership.
For additional details: www.comexus.org.mx
Berlín 18 Piso 2 Colonia Juárez
C.P 06600 Mexico DF