English Teaching Assistantships FAQ
English Teaching Assistantship (ETA)
The English Teaching Assistantship (ETA) places a Fulbrighter in a Mexican school to provide assistance to teachers. English Teaching Assistants help teach the English language while serving as a cultural ambassador for U.S. culture. Host institutions range from kindergarten to university level as well as teaching-training institutes.
The commission follows the recommendations of both the Mexican government and the U.S. Embassy Travel Warnings when placing US Fulbright grantees in Mexico. This may mean that placement will be restricted in certain states or areas of Mexico depending upon these recommendations.
See U.S. Department of State webpage for detailed information:
• U.S. citizen
• Proficient Spanish
• Minimum degree: B.S./B.A. by program start
• Must not be living or working in Mexico during the application process
• Double citizenship candidates can compete for a grant.
• Monthly maintenance
• One round-trip international air ticket for the grantee
• Fulbright medical benefit plan
• Commission’s assistance with the visa paperwork
Call for Applications
• Opens: March 1, 2020
• Closes: October 13, 2020 5:00 pm EST
• Universities often have an independent nomination process with internal deadlines. See your campus Fulbright Program Advisor.
• Candidates applying "at-large" must submit their application online through https://us.fulbrightonline.org. When applying, please select English Teaching Assistant (ETA).
• For further information please email: FBStudent.WHA@iie.org
• Shortlisted candidates will be invited to be interviewed in February 2021.
• Nine month grants from Sept. 1 through May 31
The US-Mexico Commission for Educational & Cultural Exchange is the leading binational agency dedicated to promoting understanding between the two countries through educational exchange of citizens who have demonstrated excellence and leadership.
For additional details: www.comexus.org.mx
Berlín 18 Piso 2 Colonia Juárez
C.P 06600 Mexico DF