English Teaching Assistanships FAQ
Grants For Students
Public Policy Initiative
Pursuant to the Commission’s interest in public policies, students conducting research in the areas of public administration or policies will be funded through a
Fulbright-García Robles grant. Candidates at all degree levels (terminal Undergraduate, Master’s or Ph.D.) will be considered.
The commission follows the recommendations of both the Mexican government and the U.S. Embassy Travel Advisory when considering US Fulbright grantees host sites in Mexico. This means that locations may be restricted to certain states or areas in Mexico depending upon these recommendations.
See U.S. Department of State webpage for detailed information:
• Fluent Spanish.
• Minimum degree: MS/MA or currently enrolled in a master’s program (Candidates who are not in a Master's program or higher will not be considered).
• Letter of affiliation from a Mexican academic institution.
• Candidates studying, living or working in Mexico during the application process are not eligible to apply.
• Candidates who currently have a temporary or permanent resident card to Mexico are not eligible to apply.
• Double citizenship candidates can compete for a grant.
• Monthly maintenance.
• One round-trip international air ticket for the grantee.
• Book allowance.
• Fulbright medical benefit plan.
• Commission’s assistance with the visa paperwork.
• Additional dependent allowances.
Call for Applications
• Closes: Oct 8, 2019.
• Shortlisted candidates will be invited to be interviewed in February 2020.
• Final results received April 2020.
• Applications must be submitted online through https://apply.iie.org/apply. For further information please see: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/ or email FBstudent.WHA@iie.org.
• Should correspond with standard academic semesters: August/September 2020 or January 2021
• September 2020 through May 2021 is preferred
The US-Mexico Commission for Educational & Cultural Exchange is the lead binational agency dedicated to promoting understanding between the two countries through educational exchange of citizens who have demonstrated excellence.
For additional details: www.comexus.org.mx
Berlín 18 Piso 2 Colonia Juárez
C.P 06600 Mexico DF