English Teaching Assistanships FAQ
Grants For Students
Graduate Degree Program
Opportunity for US candidates to complete a master’s or Ph D degree at a Mexican qualified academic institution. The Commission will fund up to 2 academic years for
master’s and up to 3 academic years for a Ph D. All candidates will receive an initial academic year of funding with the approval of subsequent financial support
subject to academic performance and availability of funds.
Applications will be accepted in all fields of study except Medicine, Veterinary Medicine and Dentistry.
The commission follows the recommendations of both the Mexican government and the U.S. Embassy Travel Advisory when considering US Fulbright grantees host sites in Mexico. This means that locations may be restricted to certain states or areas in Mexico depending upon these recommendations.
See U.S. Department of State webpage for detailed information:
• Fluent Spanish
• Minimum degree: B.S./B.A.
• Candidates will be responsible for applying to a graduate degree program at a Mexican university or academic institution. They must present an admission letter prior to grant start date.
• Candidates studying, living or working in Mexico during the application process are not eligible to apply.
• Candidates who currently have a temporary or permanent resident card to Mexico are not eligible to apply.
• Double citizenship candidates can compete for a grant.
• Monthly maintenance.
• 50,000 pesos per academic year for tuition expenses.
• Book allowance.
• One round-trip international air ticket for the grantee.
• Fulbright medical benefit plan.
• Commission’s assistance with the visa paperwork.
• Additional dependent allowances.
Call for Applications
• Closes: Tuesday, Oct 8, 2019, 4pm CST.
• Applications must be sumbitted online through IIE https://apply.iie.org/fulbrightusstudent.
• For further information please see http://us.fulbrightonline.org/ or email FBstudent.WHA@iie.org.
Should correspond with standard academic semesters: August or September 2020 or January 2021.
The US-Mexico Commission for Educational & Cultural Exchange is the lead binational agency dedicated to promoting understanding between the two countries through educational exchange of citizens who have demonstrated excellence.
For additional details: www.comexus.org.mx
Berlín 18 Piso 2 Colonia Juárez
C.P 06600 Mexico DF