English Teaching Assistanships FAQ
Grants For Students
Graduate Degree Program
Closes: Oct 6, 2017
Opportunity for US candidates to complete a Master?s or Ph.D. degree at a Mexican qualified academic institution. The Commission will fund up to 2 academic years for Master?s and up to 3 academic years for Ph.D. All candidates will receive an initial academic year of funding with the approval of subsequent financial support subject to academic performance and availability of funds. Applications will be accepted in all fields of study except Medicine, Veterinary Medicine and Dentistry.
The commission follows the recommendations of both the Mexican government and the U.S. Embassy Travel Warnings when placing US Fulbright grantees in Mexico. This may mean that placement will be restricted in certain states or areas of Mexico depending upon these recommendations.
See U.S. Department of State webpage for detailed information:
• Fluent Spanish
• Minimum degree: B.S./B.A.
• Candidates will be responsible for applying to a graduate degree program at a Mexican university or academic institution. They must present an admission letter.
• Must not be living or working in Mexico during the application process
• Double citizenship candidates can compete for a grant.
• Monthly maintenance
• 50,000 pesos per academic year for tuition expenses
• One round-trip international air ticket for the grantee
• Fulbright medical benefit plan
• Commission?s assistance with the visa paperwork
• Additional dependant allowances
Call for Applications
- Should correspond with standard academic semesters: August 2017 or January 2018
The US-Mexico Commission for Educational & Cultural Exchange is the lead binational agency dedicated to promoting understanding between the two countries through educational exchange of citizens who have demonstrated excellence.
For additional details: www.comexus.org.mx
Berlín 18 Piso 2 Colonia Juárez
C.P 06600 Mexico DF