English Teaching Assistanships FAQ
English Teaching Assistantship (ETA)
The English Teaching Assistantship (ETA) places a Fulbrighter in a Mexican school to provide assistance to teachers. English Teaching Assistants help teach the English language while serving as a cultural ambassador for U.S. culture. Host institutions range from kindergarten to university level as well as teaching-training institutes.
The commission follows the recommendations of both the Mexican government and the U.S. Embassy Travel Warnings when placing US Fulbright grantees in Mexico. This may mean that placement will be restricted in certain states or areas of Mexico depending upon these recommendations.
• U.S. citizen
• Proficient Spanish
• Minimum degree: B.S./B.A. by program start
• To reside in the US during the selection process
• Double citizenship candidates can compete for a grant.
• Monthly maintenance
• One round-trip international air ticket for the grantee
• Fulbright medical benefit plan
• Commission?s assistance with the visa paperwork
Call for Applications
• Opens: March 31, 2016
• Closes: October 11, 2016
• Universities often have independent nomination process. See your campus Fulbright or contact Susan Muendl (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.
• September through June
The US-Mexico Commission for Educational & Cultural Exchange is the lead binational agency dedicated to promoting understanding between the two countries through educational exchange of citizens who have demonstrated excellence.
For additional details: www.comexus.org.mx
Berlín 18 Piso 2 Colonia Juárez
C.P 06600 Mexico DF