Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching
The Distinguished Fulbright Awards in Teaching Program allows educators to go abroad for three to six months to take classes at an international university, observe classes and offer seminars in local schools and complete a project of their own design. It is designed as a professional development program open to teachers of all subjects, guidance counselors, curriculum specialists, curriculum heads, talented and gifted coordinators, Special Education coordinators and media specialists/librarians may apply to this program.
The commission follows the recommendations of both the Mexican government and the U.S. Embassy Travel Warnings when placing US Fulbright grantees in Mexico. This may mean that placement will be restricted in certain states or areas of Mexico depending upon these recommendations.
• U.S. citizen
• Fluent Spanish
• Minimum degree: M.A./M.S. or enrolled in masters program at time of application
• Current full-time employment at accredited U.S. school
• fifty percent of time must be teaching or working directly with students
• Minimum teaching experience: 5 years
• Experience conducting professional development activities
• Monthly maintenance allowance
• One round-trip international air ticket for the grantee
• Fulbright medical benefit plan
• Commission?s assistance with the visa paperwork
• Additional dependant allowances
• Dependents may accompany at grantee´s expense
Call for Applications
• For further information please contact the Institute of International Eduaction (email@example.com)
- September through June
The US-Mexico Commission for Educational & Cultural Exchange is the lead binational agency dedicated to promoting understanding between the two countries through educational exchange of citizens who have demonstrated excellence.
For additional details: www.comexus.org.mx
Berlín 18 Piso 2 Colonia Juárez
C.P 06600 Mexico DF